A blog for those interested in everything from make-up to music to meditation...

Friday 11 May 2012

Cold sores: Prevention is better than cure!


Up until a few months ago I was getting cold sores every 2 weeks, once one was gone, another would appear soon after! I went to the chemist and left each time with a tube of Zovirex! Sick and tired of trying to get rid of them, I went in search of a prevention rather than a cure! I went into Boots and asked a student chemist for her help. She was kind enough to introduce me to Lysine. I was told that cold sores come from the herpes simplex virus (Don't worry it's a different strain to gential kind!), that it stays dormant in the system and never actually goes away. However taking the amino acid Lysine, can help reduce the number of times you get cold sores. The herpes simplex virus requires Lysine to form the cold sore. By taking a supplement you are over-supplying the virus and thus, rendering it unable to form the cold sore. So I began taking the Lysine once a day with a meal and I went for 3 months without getting a cold sore...until I stopped  taking it! Surprise surprise, I got a cold sore! Bottom line is that once you get a cold sore, you can't really stop getting them BUT by taking Lysine as part of your daily supplements you can drastically reduce how many you get. Lysine can be bought in any food store or chemist. Well worth a shot if you're sick of the sight of them.

Em x

1 comment:

  1. This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure herpes, i never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, it got to a time that i was waiting for is death to come because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man called DR.Ehimare who is well know for Herpes, HIV, and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and sent it through Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me Herpes simplex virus negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, and he also cure other diseases. thank you for saving my life, I promise I will always testify of your good works. if you are herpes simplex virus patient, contact him and I am sure you will get cured, contact him now: drehimare3@gmail.com or whatsapp him + 1 (267) 671-1087 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony

    ReplyDelete