A blog for those interested in everything from make-up to music to meditation...

Monday 14 May 2012

Hangover Cures (Trust me, I've tried everything)

I'm not in any way condoning drinking, it's a personal preference that I enjoy an occasional alcoholic beverage! Nonetheless here's a few tips to get rid of that "I think I may be dying" feeling. 



1. Dioralyte

Yeah thats right, Dioralyte. I discovered this little gem at Oxegen music festival thanks to my mother. It's used to replace lost water and salts due to diarrhoea. Hangovers are caused by dehydration so it makes sense taking something to replace water and salt would help with that. You can buy Dioralyte in any chemist. I take it as soon as I wake up the morning after the night before. It's simply fantasic!







2. Food

The next step is food. It might be difficult to keep food down but it will make you feel a whole lot better if you do. I prefer carby foods with a little protein, like wedges and cheese or a filled roll. Steer clear of yoghurt or anything like that because you don't want it to curdle in your stomach. Bananas are also good as they are high in potassium, vitamin B6 and B12, which are all depleted by alcohol.










3. Sleep

Sleep, all day if you can. I keep water by the bed and sip it when I wake. I love to open the window as well. The cool breeze helps. What ever you do, keep the curtains closed. Sun light is a killer when your hungover. Your body repairs itself when your asleep so do yourself a favour and let it. 













4. Moderation

Saving the best till last. Moderation is probably the only tip I can give that will guarantee no hangover. Just when you think like you've not had enough, you probably have. Remember not to mix drinks and try to drink a beverage thats clear. Clear beverages with water based mixers are your best bet. Try Gin and Tonic or my personal favourite, vodka and slim. 









1 comment:

  1. This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure herpes, i never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, it got to a time that i was waiting for is death to come because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man called DR.Ehimare who is well know for Herpes, HIV, and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and sent it through Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me Herpes simplex virus negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, and he also cure other diseases. thank you for saving my life, I promise I will always testify of your good works. if you are herpes simplex virus patient, contact him and I am sure you will get cured, contact him now: drehimare3@gmail.com or whatsapp him + 1 (267) 671-1087 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony

    ReplyDelete