A blog for those interested in everything from make-up to music to meditation...

Thursday 10 May 2012

My daily skincare routine


Although I would consider myself blessed with good skin, It is very rare that I am without a blemish (primarily on my chin). I have searched chemists far and wide along with the internet in quest to get my skin up to scratch. Now that the "summer" is coming and the rain is getting a little warmer (thats all that changes in Ireland during summer) I wanted to improve my skin so I could wear lighter make up. I have combination oil skin. My oily areas are my chin and nose with my forehead and cheeks becoming quite dry. I hope the following helps you as much as it did me.

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser

 This much talked about cult product is rarely absent from beauty blogs and you tube channels and the reason for this is obvious. It's simply brilliant. I bought it in January as part of an offer on the Liz Earle website. It came with 2 muslin cloths, the skin brightening toner (which is mentioned below) and the repairing moisturiser. I use it at night to remove my make up and to give my skin a deep clean, It is the only product I have found that takes every last bit of eye make up off without hurting the sensitive eye area. It states that it's for all skin types. It didn't make my chin  oilier nor did it dry out my cheeks and forehead. Although quite expensive (€15 I think) a little of this product goes a long way. Well worth the splurge if you consider how many packets of wipes I'd have bought since buying this.





Johnson's daily essentials oil balancing light day fluid


 I use this moisturiser in the morning after I wash my face. It is by far the best moisturiser I have found on the market for combination oily skin. It moisturises my skin without making my chin oily. It sinks into the skin really quickly and leaves my skin smooth and soft. It is an excellent base for make-up as well. I don't have one bad word to say about this product and the cherry on top of the cake? It's only €4 from Tesco. A product which I will most definitely re-purchase. 



















Soap and Glory The Fab Pore facial peel:




 Surprisingly I haven't heard much of this product on the internet but like most of the Soap and Glory brand it is well worth the money. It's a type of clay mask with bursting beads which is said to refine pores. I bought it a couple of months ago when I noticed the pores on m cheeks and nose becoming considerably large. I have used it numerous times and there is still more that 3/4's left in there. A little goes a very very long way. Like all the Soap and Glory products is smells sensational! I know some people don't like highly scented products on their face but I don't mind fragranced products. I use this once a week (usually Sunday night after work) for about 15 minutes to give a real deep clean. After a few weeks of putting it all over my face I did notice increasing dry patches on my cheeks and forehead so I now just use it on my cheeks and nose. I wouldn't recommend this product for dry skin and if you have combination I would suggest putting it on your oily areas only.




Liz Earle Instant Skin Boost Tonic:




 I bought this product along with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and the Skin repairing moisturiser. I use this morning and night after I cleanse my face. It's a nice refreshing product. Not a harsh toner at all, smells lovely and stops my skin feeling tight after I cleanse it. Would I re-purchase? I don't think I will. It is on the expensive side and I don't think It has done anything spectacular to my skin. Nothing a splash of freezing cold water wouldn't. I will continue to use it until it's gone but won't be re-purchasing.

Glycoderma refining facial cream (25% glycolic acid)


 What does this product do? Exactly what it says on the tin. It refines. I bought this product in TK Maxx for €8 a few weeks ago. I had watched a youtube video by Megan Isobel about the benefits of Glycolic acid. As I couldn't afford Alpha H Liquid gold I decided to grab this when I seen it was 25% glycolic acid. I use it in the evening after I cleanse and tone. Initially I had to do a patch test on my cheek to make sure the acid wasn't too strong for my skin. I haven't heard of or seen this product anywhere else but if you can get your hands on it I would recommend it. If you have sensitive skin I would steer clear as it does have a high acid concentrate. It smooths my skin, has helped to fade marks from past blemishes, help with present blemishes, improves my uneven skin tone and just improves the overall condition of my skin. When I run out I will cry I can't find another one.




     
Primark oil balancing wipes with tea tree:

 Yes that's right, Primark! Ok so it's not some beauty miracle that I'm going to rave on about. They're wipes, wipes that smell nice and takes off my make-up when I'm too lazy or drunk. They're €1.50 for two packets. I try not to use wipes too often because they do leave a trace of make-up behind but hey, for 75 cent I don't mind if I do!


































Biona Organic Virgin Raw Coconut oil. 


Yes I do put oil on my face. No I'm not mad. Coconut oil is the best thing since sliced bread. I eat it, I cook with it, I put it on my hair and my skin. I use it once a week. I wash my face at night and massage a small amount into the skin and leave it on over night. I discovered its great skin benefits by accident (I put some on my hair and it got onto my face in my sleep) But it truly does have great benefits. It helps with my uneven skin tones, spot marks and blemishes. I have recieved numerous compliments lately on my glowing skin and I can attribute it to this miracle product. It is quite expensive but with its versatility it's well worth it. Give it a go.














Tea Tree foaming face wash.


And last but not least my miracle purchase of the month. I bought this product on a whim. I was in my local pound shop and spotted this for €1.50, I thought I'd give it a try, although I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. My skin cleared up and became very smooth. For €1.50 I couldn't believe the results. I use it in the morning and I will definitely re-purchase. Oddly, it doesn't seem to be a particular brand, but I do know Boots have a version of tea tree foaming wash so I'll probably try that If I can't find this one.


















Well I hope that helped. If you have any questions on any of the products mentioned don't hesitate to ask.
Much love, Em x

2 comments:

  1. I use coconut oil too! It's amazing, its so versatile. I normally buy the tiny little pots, so I'll have to have a look for the one you have instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I find it good for everything! :) Try the health food shops. I bought that big one in Evergreen health store! Well worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete